Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pump Pump Pump it up

Mom is complaining that I haven't blogged in a while so here goes.  We are well into the school year and I am loving my job.  I am so thankful that God always puts me where he wants me.  Today I went to KU medical center and met with an endocrinologist to discuss getting my diabetes under tighter control and get on the track for weight loss.  My a1c was 7.3% down from 7.7%.  I am happy that it has dropped but my goal is to have it under 6.6%.  I know I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am determined to do this.  I cannot move forward with having a child until I get that under control.  Jake and I have been talking about our future (getting married and having kids) and I think we are on the same page.  We want it to happen soon but we also know that I need to get my health under control before we move forward with that.  I am determined to do this.  It is my goal to be in the 6s by my next appt. in Feb.  I will not start trying to have kids until I am at a 6.5% or below.  I am inspired by my lil sis and her amazing journey of hard work and determination to have a child.  I am changing the way I use my pump immediately and meeting with a dietician on Dec. 30th.  I can do this.  My mind is set and I will not fail.  I know that once I am under control and have lost weight, I will feel so much better.  I ask for all your prayers on this journey.  I will be leaning on God to get me through this.  I can't wait to marry the love of my life and grow our family.  I know that God knows the desires of my heart and that he will make a way for me.  Guess this is it for now.  I'll try to update soon. 
Till next time,

Beck

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for taking the first step. It's hard work but I know you can get there. Love you so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know u can do this im proud of u I hope all your dreams come true let god lead u in all things love u always m

    ReplyDelete